Production and Post-Publication
FAQs for post-acceptance issues such as copyediting, XML-typesetting, proofreading, publishing corrections and addenda etc.
- How Can I Make Sure my Article is Ready for Submission?
- How Late Can I Make Changes to an Article's Metadata?
- How many tables and figures can I include in my article?
- How should headings be formatted?
- How should the "Acknowledgments" section be formatted?
- How should the "Conflicts of Interest" section be formatted?
General Post-Acceptance Questions
- When do I Upload my Revised Article After Peer Review?
- Can I Change my Author Email in my Article's Metadata?
- Is JMIRx Med in PubMed / PubMed Central (PMC) yet?
- JMIR Publications' Digital License to Publish (via Dropbox Sign)
- What is the article processing and production workflow at JMIR? (Flowchart)
- My paper has been accepted but I need to change something/add something/add an acknowledgment/add X/correct Y. How can I do that?
Copyediting Resources for Authors
- JMIR House Style and Editorial Guidelines
- What are the steps during copyediting?
- How do I respond to copyeditors' queries? (copyediting step 2a)
- What is the RefCheck process for authors? (copyediting step 2b)
- What are the authors' responsibilities during copyediting (Step 2)?
- I completed copyediting but I am still getting reminders from the system - what do I need to do?
General Post-Publication Questions
- What is the process for retractions?
- How to add an author after publication
- Can I order reprints of my article?
- Is JMIR Cancer in PubMed / PubMed Central yet?
- Is JMIR Rehabilitation & Assistive Technologies in PubMed / PubMed Central yet?
- Why does my article not have a PMCID yet?