Some JMIR Publications journals, especially new ones, may have no Article Processing Fee (APF) (these are "platinum open access journals"). No JMIR Publications journals have submission fees.
Some new journals may not yet be in PubMed, but as soon as they are accepted, all articles published in the journal will be indexed: You may have the opportunity to be one of the founding authors in the inaugural issues of these new journals!
Please check the JMIR Publications Fee Schedule for the most updated information on APFs.
The following journals currently either have no APF, or only charge for publication under certain circumstances:
- JMIR Preprints *— no APF. After peer-review, the author can decide whether they want to publish the manuscript in a JMIR Publications journal (conditional on journal Editor-in-Chief approval of the preprint's submission to their journal), which may have an APF. The author can also instead "publish" it on JMIR Preprints, which involves assignment of a DOI.
- Iproceedings *— There is currently APF involved for the abstract/extended abstract submission. - Note: iProc submissions are only considered if they are submitted as a part of a conference that has an established partnership with JMIR Publications (We are organizing a conference - can we publish our proceedings / abstracts in iproceedings?).
- JMIR Dermatology — no APF for submissions on or before June 30, 2023. As of July 1, 2023, an APF will apply; there may be different APFs for certain article types in JMIR Dermatology. See the JMIR Publications Fee Schedule for the most updated information on APFs.
- JMIR Challenges *— no APF for solution seekers (as of July 2022).
* These are non-traditional journals and authors considering submitting to these should carefully review the scope/fit before submission (Which journals is JMIR Publications currently publishing?).
Related Links and Information
- JMIR Publications Fee Schedule
- Are there costs involved when publishing at JMIR?
- How does the Article Processing Fee (APF/APC) at JMIR compare to other journals/publishers?
- Can you waive or discount the fees for me?
- JMIR Instructions for Authors: Open Access - Rationale for Charging Fees
- Which journals is JMIR Publications currently publishing?