JMIR Research Protocols offers a 50% discount ($950 instead of $1900) on proposals and protocols if they are grant funded and have undergone prior peer-review. All of the following conditions below must be fulfilled:
- as proof of previous peer-review, authors must at the time of submission upload the original peer-review reports from the granting agency (and ideally also authors' responses)
- these reports/letters should be uploaded as Multimedia Appendix, and should ideally be published (refer to them in the paper as "Multimedia Appendix 1" etc.)
- our policy is to publish the existing peer-review reports unless we receive a written notice from the funder that - even with the grant recipients consent - the peer-review reports can not be published for confidentiality or other reasons
- the original peer-review reports can be in any language (if you have a translation in English, please supply them)
- the peer-review reports should contain an actual narrative and/or quantitative critique of the proposal, or at the very least a summary of committee/reviewer discussions
- the peer-review reports should ideally be provided in a letter-headed document from the funding institution, or in some similar formal format. A screenshot of an email or a simple text MS Word document would not be sufficient.
- an ethics approval is not sufficient, you must include peer-review reports from the funding/granting agency. Proposals that are not grant-funded are not eligible for the discount
We reserve the right to charge the full Article Processing Fee if the uploaded peer-review reports do not meet the requirements outlines above. If in doubt, please file a support request ticket with email@example.com prior to submission.
Note: Due to an agreement with the University of California (APF Support for Corresponding Authors from the University of California), protocols that are eligible ie. have undergone prior peer-review at a granting agency can be published free of charge from the author-perspective (costs are fully covered by the California libraries and centrally billed)!