To create an institutional (departmental) membership, please follow the following steps
- file a support ticket with firstname.lastname@example.org with information on your university/department name, UserID (the user who will pay and administer the membership) and start date, and notes*
- or: click on the blue SELECT button next to any of the institutional memberships and fill out the resulting form which will be displayed.
*Please add a note containing instructions on whether a specific person should be contacted before a paper can be processed under this membership. The default is that any paper whose corresponding author matches the "membership" affiliation can be processed under the membership, but the creator of the membership may not always want that.
To pay and thereby initiate the membership:
Available invoices will be listed under "Previously Generated Invoices". Under "Generate New Invoice", a new invoice with an amended billing address can be created as long as the originally generated invoice is outstanding.
Payment instructions for cheque/wire payments as well as a link for credit card payments can be found in the invoice.
Institutional Membership Types (JMIR Website) - contains the "fine-print"
- Why should I consider an institutional membership?
- What is an institutional (departmental) membership and how can I create one?
- How can I find out if my organization is already a JMIR institutional member
- When can I process an article under an institutional membership so that the APF can be waived?
For JMIR staff: