During the submission process, authors are given the opportunity to include a cover letter with comments for the editor (maximum word count of 500 words).
Providing a cover letter is optional.
1. The details mentioned below outline the information that is typically included in a standard cover letter.
- Editor’s name
- Name of the journal to which you are submitting
- Manuscript title
- Article type
- Brief background of your study
- Brief overview of the study methodology
- Very brief overview of principle findings and significance to the research community
- Corresponding author contact information
2. Specific details that do require the submission of a cover letter:
- An explanation if the submission has been previously published or being considered by another journal.
- Justification for the APF needing to be waived due to membership, lack of funding, or for any other reasons.
- Justification of why the paper has been submitted to a journal section marked eligible for a fee waiver or reduction in the APF (these sections are usually marked with an asterisk *)