Only authenticated ORCIDs are valid on JMIR's website. You can tell an ORCID is authentic if it has a "green light" next to it ().
Please note you must have created an ORCID associated with your name before beginning this process.
To authenticate your ORCID with JMIR:
- Navigate to JMIR's website.
- Login with your JMIR account.
- Click on your username at the top right of the page to be taken to your user profile page.
- Click your username at the top right of your profile page to be taken to your user home page. This page displays information about your account, including your ORCID.
- Make sure that Journal of Medical Internet Research is selected in the Journal Navigation Dropdown menu at the top left of the page. If it is not selected, click the arrow button and select it from the list of journals. Failure to select this journal results in an error that prevents authentication.
- Click Authenticate Now under the green ORCID banner section. This takes you to ORCID.org, where you may need to login using your ORCID account.
- You are then taken to a screen asking you to give JMIR permission to access your ORCID. To do so, click Authorize access. This takes you back to your user home page at JMIR.
- If authentication was successful, your ORCID appears in the ORCID banner section. If authentication fails after multiple attempts, contact support.
How to Solve an ORCID Authentication Issue
Occasionally users run into the following error while attempting to authenticate their ORCID with JMIR:
This error is caused by not selecting Journal of Medical Internet Research from the dropdown menu at the top left of the page (see Step 5 of the authentication process). If this does not resolve the issue, contact support.