The Acknowledgments section specifies any persons, organizations, and/or funding sources/grants the authors wish to mention. This is not a required section, but is included in the final publication if provided. See below for JMIR’s formatting/wording preferences:
- The section should be titled “Acknowledgments” (without an ‘e’ after ‘g’)
- In the Word doc, it appears at the end of the Discussion section (move any acknowledgments occurring within the manuscript to this section), including any information placed under a “Funding” heading in the body of the text
- The acknowledgments statement(s) should be written narratively (ie, bullet point lists are not supported)
- All abbreviations used in the Acknowledgments section should be defined therein.
- Any persons mentioned here that are not an author of the paper should be addressed by their full names; titles (Dr, Ms) and degrees are optional
- Note: Author contributions do NOT belong in the Acknowledgments section (move them under a separate heading; see What is the "Authors' Contributions" section? How should I write mine?)
The authors wish to thank Dr Mary Batia for her assistance with the manuscript. This study would not have been possible without the support of the University of Toronto. Funding for Dr John Smith was provided by...