The preferred option is to pay by credit card via our secure credit card processing gateway Stripe, which accepts all major credit cards such Visa, MasterCard and American Express.
Paying by credit card will save you the 7% handling fee, which we add only for wire and cheque payments (Why has a 7% handling fee been added to my invoice and how can I switch to credit card payments?).
As of July 2019, JMIR Publications does not charge a submission fee for any of their journals.
To pay an Article Processing Fee (APF) by credit card, follow the payment link in the acceptance email or invoice.
If you are not the corresponding author, please ask the corresponding author to forward the link in the acceptance email, or to generate an invoice, which also contains the payment link.
You can also generate an invoice for various other payments (see I need an invoice (for the Article Processing Fee, submission fee, etc...) including membership renewal (if you do not see the membership renewal option you will need to create one first, see What is an institutional membership and how can I create one?).
In the invoice you will be able to find a link to the online payment form in which you will be able to fill out credit card details and submit your payment.
If you pay by credit card, a receipt is available on your user homepage and being sent by email immediately after payment.
- I need an invoice (for the Article Processing Fee, submission fee, etc...)
- Why has a 7% handling fee been added to my invoice and how can I switch to credit card payments?
- Can someone else pay my invoice?
- What should I do if my credit card is declined?
- What are the payment options?
- Can I pay by wire/bank transfer? Where is your bank account information?
- My paper has been accepted, what are the next steps?