We obviously tweet about each article (free of charge), but with the optional sponsored tweet campaign, that "organic" tweet is promoted by Twitter and seen by more followers.
With the budget specified by the authors (in $99 increments) during checkout, JMIR Publications will create a customized "promoted tweet" campaign to increase the visibility of a specific article among JMIR followers and others. A promoted tweet will lead to more visibility for this article among our ~35,000 followers (or followers or another Twitter user) and lead to more retweets and views of the article. Note that the budget you specify will be set as budget in the twitter campaign, minus a 19% administrative fee for setting up the campaign. The remaining budget is passed on to Twitter.
Authors can pay for this option by adding the option to the APF checkout page (How can I order/pay for knowledge dissemination add-ons like TrendMD or sponsored Tweets?)
- JMIR Innovations and Knowledge Dissemination Tools
- What is TrendMD?
- What is a "Lifelong Author Ad"?
- What is the Crowdfunding Widget?
- How can I order/pay for knowledge dissemination add-ons like TrendMD or sponsored Tweets?
- What is the "PubMed Now!" ("ahead-of-print") option when I pay the APF?)
- External link to twitter: What are Promoted Tweets? - Twitter for Business