Scopus is owned by Elsevier and is known to delay indexing of journals that are not owned by Elsevier. For example, it took Elsevier 5 years to finally include JMIR mHealth and uHealth in Scopus in 2018, after a series of unqualified reviews that for example state that the journal was not cited enough (in reality, it is top ranked by impact factor, and cited more than all other journals in the same category). Similarly, JMIR Serious Games was applied for in 2014 and rejected in 2017 for alleged "lack of citations" (while at the same time we received a Impact Factor from Clarivate of 2.2 for 2017 and 3.351 for 2018, which clearly shows that the journal is well cited, and Scopus/Elsevier is mistaken).
As a result of these clear biases, we discourage authors and research users to use Scopus or any journal quality metrics derived from Scopus (Citescore, Scimago SJR, SNIP) as a proxy for journal quality.
Currently indexed by Scopus are:
- Journal of Medical Internet Research
- JMIR mHealth and uHealth (announced July 1st, 2018)
Other JMIR journals are "under evaluation".
Scopus Title Suggestions
- We encourage users to fill in the title suggestion form at https://suggestor.step.scopus.com/suggestTitle/step3.cfm.
- Please note that the publisher name is "JMIR Publications" (Canada).
- The journal ISSN can be found at the bottom of the journal homepage
- Please direct any further inquiries to email@example.com.
Internal link for staff only: