Authors are recommended to adhere to the applicable study design and reporting guidance for their study in preparing manuscripts for submission to JMIR Publications journals.
We strongly recommend authors to also upload completed checklists as supplementary files when submitting a JMIR manuscript.
Preparing a Manuscript for Submission
Before submitting an article, please check for reporting guidelines and/or checklists matching your methodology. Suggested resources include:
Guidelines that are particularly relevant for JMIR Publications journals include but are not limited only to:
- PRISMA (formerly called QUORUM) for systematic reviews
- CONSORT-EHEALTH for randomized trials (CONSORT for non-eHealth/mHealth trials)
- SPIRIT for protocols for JMIR Res Protoc
- CHERRIES for web-based and e-surveys
- TRIPOD (Transparent reporting of a multivariable prediction model for individual prognosis or diagnosis)
Guidelines for Developing and Reporting Machine Learning Predictive Models in Biomedical Research
Please also always follow our guidelines for article titles, which are compatible with the checklists above, see What are JMIR's guidelines for article titles?