Contributor names of JMIR studies with collaborators which do not meet full authorship criteria but should still be indexed in PubMed can be added as follows:
- add a group author (collaborative author) in the metadata form (see What is a group author (collaborative author) and does it need an ORCID? and How do I add a Group Author?)
- as affiliation of this group authors, write "see Acknowledgements"(or "see Authors' Contributions") in the metadata form
- in the "Acknowledgement" (or "Authors' Contributions") section, list the group members.
In PubMed, they will appear under "Collaborators".
It is of course also possible to credit individual collaborators in the acknowledgment section without having a group author, but these will not appear in PubMed.
NLM Technical Bulletin on "Study Collaborators"
- How do I add a Group Author?
- Where can I find the publication forms for authors and where do I submit them?
- Do all co-authors need to sign the Publication Form?
- How to change authors after peer-review but before publication
- What is a group author (collaborative author) and does it need an ORCID?