Standard submission process
To submit any paper, you first need to have a (free) user account with the JMIR website. If you don't have one yet, Go to Registration.
If you have a user account already,
Before you submit, make sure you checked the relevant requirements for papers on the journal information for each journal.
It is important to note whether the journal charges an Article Processing Fee on acceptance (see Are there costs involved in publishing in JMIR journals?).
In JMIR, all coauthors must have an ORCID (What is an ORCID?). These can be supplied during peer-review or after acceptance, but ideally they are already entered in our metadata form during submission. Before submitting a paper we would recommend to canvas your coauthors and ask them for their ORCIDs (and point them to What is an ORCID? or ORCID.org/register if they don't have one yet).
Once you have a user account, you can proceed to submit your paper. Go to the home page of the journal to which you would like to submit and click the 'Submit" button on the journal's home page.
You can then click the "New Submission" button to begin the submission process.
Related KB articles for special submission processes
- To submit to our preprint overlay peer-review journal JMIRx: See What is JMIRx?
- To transfer a manuscript from an external preprint server such as MedRxiv: Submitting manuscripts from MedRxiv/BioRxiv to JMIR journals (M2JMIR)
- To submit to a guest editor or special theme issue: How do I submit to a theme issue?
- Why is JMIR Publications a "leading publisher"?
- Where (in which journals) should I publish what, and what should be my research and publication strategy to maximize impact and dissemination of my ehealth/mhealth/digital medicine research?
- How to become an author at JMIR
- Fee Schedule
- Where are your instructions for authors?
- Are there costs involved in publishing in JMIR journals?
- I don't have any grant money - how can I publish in JMIR?
- Which JMIR journals are currently free to publish in?
- I love JMIR journals - how can I become involved?
- How do I submit to a theme issue?
- How do I submit a letter to the editor?