To verify the indexing status, you can search the PMC Journal List (external link here). Journals that are indexed in PMC are also in Pubmed.
Indexing information is also found in the following journal sections:
- The description on the journal homepage (select 'Read More')
- Focus and Scope page under the 'Journal Information' menu
- Indexing and Impact Factor page
If you click on the PubMed and PubMed Central links provided, this will take you to the journal's official listings in the NLM Catalog and PMC Journal List.
If PubMed and PMC are not listed, then it is likely that the journal is still relatively new and currently under evaluation by NLM/NCBI.
We will apply once we have published a sufficient number of papers (25), and (if accepted) the journal will then be indexed retrospectively from Vol. 1 Iss. 1. Prior to acceptance, we may offer publication in this journal free of charge (see Which JMIR journals are currently free to publish in?)
NIHMS Manuscript Deposit by Authors
If you are an author, you can also submit your manuscript (post-acceptance or post-publication) to PMC as author-manuscript if you require a PMCID immediately (some funders require this under various open access mandates). It will then be in PubMed Central as well as in PubMed.
You can submit the accepted or final manuscript at NIHMS (PMC Submission system, external link)
- Which journals is JMIR Publications currently publishing?
- Is iproc in PubMed or PubMed Central?
- Is JMIR Cardio in Pubmed or Pubmed Central yet?
- Is JMIR Diabetes in Pubmed or PubMed Central yet?
- Is JMIR Biomedical Engineering in PubMed or PubMed Central yet?
- Is JMIR Data in PubMed or PubMed Central yet?
For JMIR staff only: