To verify the indexing status, go to the homepage of the journal you are interested in, scroll all the way down and check the footer to see if the PubMed / PubMed Central logos are present:
(You can also click on these logos to check how the journal looks like in PubMed or PMC).
If logos are not present, then it is likely that the journal is still relatively new and currently under evaluation by NLM/NCBI.
We will apply once we have published a sufficient number of papers (>25), and (if accepted) it will then be indexed retrospectively from Vol. 1 Iss. 1. In the meantime, we offer publication in this journal free of charge (see Which JMIR journals are currently free to publish in?)
If you are an author you can also submit your manuscript (post-acceptance or post-publication) to PMC as author-manuscript, if you require a PMCID immediately (some funders require this under various open access mandates). It will then be in PubMed Central as well as in PubMed.
Submit accepted or final manuscript at:
- NIHMS (PMC Submission system, external link)
- Which journals is JMIR Publications currently publishing?
- Is iproc in PubMed or PubMed Central?
- Is JMIR Cardio in Pubmed or Pubmed Central yet?
- Is JMIR Diabetes in Pubmed or PubMed Central yet?
- Is JMIR Biomedical Engineering in PubMed or PubMed Central yet?
- Is JMIR Data in PubMed or PubMed Central yet?
For JMIR staff only: