JMIR offers a service where an in-house communications specialist creates a press release for your article. This press release is then promoted on Digital Health Science News to increase the visibility of your research. We can also coordinate with your university or institution for the preparation and distribution of press material.
An internal analysis of the impact of press releases and news coverage found an overall increase in Altmetric scores, which is proven to impact citations.
This press release service is one of many Knowledge Translation tools that you can use to increase your article's impact.
How Much Does a Press Release Cost?
Currently, the fee for an in-house press release is 800 USD. This fee includes
- creating the press release.
- editing the press release with our in-house copyediting team.
- promoting the press release with enhanced distribution.
How can I opt in for This Service?
You can order this Knowledge Translation tool during the submission process when paying the article processing fee (APF) for your article. You can also reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if your article has passed this step and you are interested in these services.
For more information on how to opt-in for a press release, please see How can I order/pay for knowledge dissemination add-ons like TrendMD or sponsored Tweets?
What is the Press Release Process?
Once you have purchased this service, the following occurs:
- An in-house communications specialist creates a press release for your article that summarizes its findings and shines a spotlight on your research.
- Our in-house copyediting team edits the press release.
- You receive the edited press release and have an opportunity to provide your edits and input. There is a deadline to provide your edits.
- We post the press release to Digital Health Science News with a link to the original article. The date and time of publication are close to the publication of the related article. You can be coordinate this date and time with your university or institution.
- In addition to Digital Health Science News, the press release also receives enhanced distribution to maximize its engagement and audience.
Self-Submit Press Release
You can also write and submit your press release if you prefer. JMIR still provides editing services and promotes and distributes this press release. Like an in-house press release, you can order this Knowledge Translation tool during the submission process when paying the APF for your article (see How can I order/pay for knowledge dissemination add-ons like TrendMD or sponsored Tweets?).
The fee for self-submitting a press release is 550 USD. This fee covers in-house editing and promotion of the press release.
- Our paper is accepted for publication and we would like to coordinate a press release. What is the process? – JMIR Publications
- I am preparing a press release for an upcoming paper published by someone from my institution (I am not an author) – JMIR Publications
- What is your embargo period? – JMIR Publications