We are Canada’s leading Open Access / Open Science scholarly publisher. Join us to reinvent scholarly communication!
- We are a international publisher in medicine and technology, committed to Open Science and Open Access for 20 years now
- We publish some of the leading journals in our fields
- As pioneer in this field, we are co-founders of the Open Access Scholarly Publishers Association (OASPA)
- We continue to innovate in all areas of open science: preprints, registered reports, self-archiving, open peer-review (What are JMIR's innovations?)
See What is JMIR Publications? for more information.
JMIR Publications, a small but rapidly growing publisher of peer-reviewed STM journals with an emphasis on medicine, health, and technology titles, is seeking an enthusiastic, self-motivated team members. We are a rapidly growing open access publisher (Growth500 company - one of the fastest-growing companies in Canada) with a strong social mission: To transform scholarly communication, and to make health and medical information available to people when they need it. While our primary users and clients are academic authors and researchers, we are increasingly developing innovative products and services for other user groups such as patients and consumers.
We offer competitive compensation, including a comprehensive, flexible benefits program that includes Extended Health and Dental Coverage, Disability Coverage, Life and Critical Illness Coverage.
We are in a beautiful new office space near the harbourfront, with free snacks and beverages, and organize social events as a company such as BBQs.
If you are interested in joining the JMIR Publications team and do not see the right position posted for you below, please email email@example.com with a CV attached and which position you are interested in.
Join us in our new offices at the Toronto harbourfront or work remotely in one of the following job roles:
Computer science or similar degrees are highly desirable
- Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
- Director of UX / UI Designers
- Full-Stack Developers (LAMP stack, Laravel, AWS, OJS experience an asset)
- Quality Control Analyst
Preference given to science degrees over arts/journalism
- Managing Editor, Content (journal manager)
- Acquisition Editors (Medicine/Technology) [part-time/remote]
- Academic Editors (Medicine/Technology/Engineering) [part-time/remote]
- Research Integrity Officer [part-time/remote]
- In-house and freelance copyeditors (AMA style)
High attention to detail required and prior experience in these roles is an advantage
- Editorial Interns or Assistants (experience with OJS is an advantage)
- Production Interns or Assistants (experience with OJS is an advantage)
- XML Typesetters (NLM DTD)
- We are looking for sales specialists with a special expertise in dealing with libraries and universities to sell institutional memberships
- Competitive salaries
- A modern office environment at Toronto's Harbourfront (directly at Sugar Beach)
- Free coffee, soft drinks, snacks, and a Google-like office culture with weekly BBQs
- Health benefits (dentist, massage therapists, etc)
- An opportunity to shape the future of Open Science and to advance humanity by facilitating and promoting digital health sciences
Applications through Indeed are preferred. To apply to any vacancies not listed on our Indeed profile, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Job Application: [job title]". In your cover letter, highlight briefly what motivates you, your experience, and how you feel you meet our requirements. Attach a CV.