See Why should I consider an institutional membership? for the benefits of an institutional membership with APF waivers.
For us to waive the article processing fee at the time of acceptance and process it under a Gold or Silver membership, all of the following 6 conditions must be met:
- The affiliation/address of the corresponding author must match exactly the address of the institutional member. For example, if the corresponding author is from department A of university U, and the institutional membership is for members of department B from university U, the paper is not eligible for an APF waiver
- The institutional membership must exist (and fully be paid for) at the time of submission
- The submitting author must select the institutional member at the time of submission from the drop-down list
- The institutional membership must exist (and fully be paid for or be renewed) at the time of acceptance
- The institutional membership cannot have exceeded the maximum number of APF waivers at the time of acceptance
- For certain institutional memberships, the administrator/payor of the institutional membership must approve the submission to be processed under the membership, unless the administrator/payor is an author
Note: For authors associated with the University of California, we automatically apply the discount to our APF if the email addresses match one of the 10 UC campuses, see APF Support for Corresponding Authors from the University of California
- Why should I consider an institutional membership?
- What is an institutional membership and how can I create one?
- How can I find out if my organization is already a JMIR institutional member?
- APF Support for Corresponding Authors from the University of California