A Table of Contents image (TOC image) is a featured image we use to display on the journal homepage as well as in the Table of Contents of an issue or volume (see for example the current issue TOC of JMIR).
- The image (thumbnail) is intended to help promote your paper and to give users an added visual experience.
- The TOC image may also be used for other promotional activities, e.g. our tweets.
- Authors can suggest and upload TOC images, but it is not a requirement.
- If authors prefer not to provide their own TOC image, it is requested that they upload the placeholder image which can be downloaded from this link (right click on the image and select "Save Image As" to download a copy to use). This will inform JMIR Publications staff to find a suitable TOC image on behalf of the authors. Authors will then be able to review the selected image during the proofreading stage.
- Authors upload a TOC image as supplementary file (see screenshot below). Make sure you chose the TOC file image type/category. Source (URL), copyright information, and license (e.g. "licensed under Creative Commons 4.0") must be entered into the description box. See Copyright considerations and attribution of TOC images